privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Sunday, May 12, 2019

Mother's Day May 12, 2019

One awakes to just another day here on earth.  At different points in history honoring mothers has had different forms and meanings.  This day my son, his family and brother and sister from other mothers would be joining us for brunch.  As usual we were the last to arrive.  A grand entrance.  No, just moving slowly.  I was seated next my son, my only child.  How does one even begin to describe the feelings evoked by the words my son, my child?

Of course love is one feeling but there are many more.  Pleasure in seeing their happiness.  Contentment in just the gentle pat on my shoulder.  Familiarity with the look from him, the turn of his chin, the common heritage.  Joy.  A peacefulness from a healed relationship.  Connectivity that is a scientific fact of life.    A part of one another forever.  That is the real celebration.  Turns out it is not just another day.









4 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day Janice! We get stuck between two different days why Australia and England are different who knows! I either do very well out of this or we all forget completely! Your cherished family time looked lovely.
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wren. It is always so good to have that group together. As it is a blended family, our son's three boys are always with the mom on Mother's day, as it should be. Come Father's day the 3 boys will be present but the two DIL kids will be with their dad. And any time with family is precious.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings