privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

May 22, 2019

Yesterday afternoon our grand daughter spent some time with us.  She and I worked to design her graduation cap.  Because I had purchased the logo stuff for the party decorations, it was easy.  She wanted the pig and the word Arkansas.  Used the printable fabric for the design.  Cut out close to the full word leaving a white border around the edges as the cap is maroon.  Last we used fusible webbing to adhere the fabric to the cap.  The other edge of the cap will have the words, "Woo Pig Souee!"  printed in glitter paint.

Once that project was finished we went to the parking lot to inspect the damage to her car.  Seems another of the seniors was not paying attention and rear-ended her car.  Her car was still drive-able.  The person that hit her had lots of damage including smoke coming from the car.  The smoke was probably steam from a ruptured radiator.  We are just glad there were no injuries.  After petting some of the neighborhood dogs, we headed back to the apartment to work on the flags for friends project.

Several of her friends will be attending various colleges.  We came up with a basic design that we can use for the logo and names to put on the flags.  It is pretty plain as granddaughter really is not a frilly sort of girl.  Simple, clean lines are her preferred style even in clothing.  She told me the background color.  Then we experimented with different fonts and colors for the name.  A college logo was available for download for free so I grabbed that.  I added an additional outline of white for contrast to the background color.

Once the design was decided Ri needed to leave.  It was time for her to meet her boyfriend.  He had been working at McDonald's all afternoon.  A bite of dinner and I was back on the computer working to locate additional free logos for different universities and colleges.  One additional flag was put together just needing to confirm the letter format from Ri.

This morning was semiannual doctor visit followup.  Also, needed to provide sign out and transport from school to home for one grandson.  Since I had more items from the party to pickup from Son's house that would accomplish two things on the 5 item list.  I had completed one flag so that could, also, be delivered to the same house.  And there were a few more fresh peaches to be gathered.  While it was not on the list, DJ barked me into taking her squirrel hunting.  It was a good day as we spotted 5 or 6 squirrels along the shady streets.  DJ was so excited but willingly headed into the house when we returned.

Next up was a fabric store stop for one last roll of printable fabric.  I looked for a specific color of stretch fabric.  Not to be found, drat.  Another stop at the clothing store and I was ready to be in my easy chair for a while.  Oops, I forgot to pickup the new prescription.  After a bit of time off the hoofers, I headed out to get the meds.  OMG $445!  Nope, not today.  Seems there is a $415 deductible I need to cover.  After that is will be only about $48 a month.  I may just have to hurt.  Just saying.

Guess I'll just work on a few more flags.  Ya'll be safe out there.  Later.






6 comments:

  1. Hari om
    The flags are a perfect project for you! And ouch to the med bill...yeech. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have left a message to see if the treatment only works when taken daily. namaste, janice xx

      Delete
  2. Goodness, that is a hefty bill! They had better work perfectly then.

    Will you show us the finished products as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can show the finished flags. They are more like just pennants. Any who, doctor and I spoke today and came up with and alternative med that requires no deductible and is only $5 per month.

      Delete
    2. Hari om
      ...begs the question why s/he didn't start there...! Yxx

      Delete
  3. This is fascinating, what a good idea to decorate the mortar board hats. We don't do this in Australia, but there again everything was hired for three hours! How lovely to feel so involved with their graduations. That was a big ouch on the price of those meds!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings