privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

April 14, 2020

A Tuesday In April


Sitting with our lives on hold
Living a story to someday be told
Open stores with empty shelves
No one to visit but ourselves.

Will I find that this new friend
will keep me entertained to my end?
Will the skies remain so blue
Or return to the ugly, grey stew?

Answers?  No, I have none.
Just living in hope of one day more of fun.
Joys of things just simple and true
That's what my friend I wish for you.

© petra domina

That's what it is all about right now.  Learning to live in a time of limited contact. Learning to live without some favorite food or treat.  Living with the solitude of pioneers.  Maybe that is what we are supposed to be doing.  Learning to live with less.  Relearning the truths of the past.  Living with our own thoughts and memories.  Dreaming of ways to reconnect with humanity.  Not demanding we all see things the same way.

We can never see things the same way.  You cannot stand where I am nor I where you stand.  Even if I move and you place your feet in as nearly the same place as mine occupied.  You will see from a slightly different angle.  You will see with the eyes of your life, not mine.  The best we can do is appreciate that special part of the puzzle of life we each hold.  

Maybe you can listen to a bit of this while you are sitting alone.  I found it relaxing.



Love and peace,
Janice


4 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    OOOHH what a voice - listened to the first song - clicked watch later for the rest!!! Ta. Lovely poem - fitting to the times. Deep breaths... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad you enjoyed the music. namaste, janice

      Delete
  2. Yes, learning to live with less and living through our memories certainly describes life now. So glad we travelled lots, like you, and have those memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your blog inspired us to travel to Owen Sound and the surrounding area in 2015!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings