privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Thursday, April 2, 2020

April 2, 2020

Oops, I missed posting for two days.  Tuesday was the day I finally was able to see a surgeon.  Covid-19.  Yes, the hospitals currently are closed for elective surgeries through May 15.  Today Wednesday morning nurse Taylor called to say the date is set for May 20.  Whoopie.  I have a date, time and prep instructions. Laparoscopic Nissen fundoplication will be day surgery unless there are complications which there will not be.  I will not allow it.

Once all the hands, purse, cell phones, keys were sanitized we drove to Son's home.  Not allowed to be around Son, DIL or grandkids, we grabbed DJ to take for a bit of squirrel hunting.  When we had first arrived at Son's house DJ just kept running between Hubby and I for hugs and kisses.  It was like, 'where have you been? you're here, you're here, you're here!!!  Must admit we were pretty glad to see her, too.  Grandkids are too old to act like that when they see us now. 



Looks like not only the two humans were ready for a bit of away from home time!  We searched for squirrels in all the usual places for about an hour.  She was able to only 'tree' one with her whines.  On the way back to her home we did stop for a bit of a picture shoot by the wild flowers.  
This man (Hubby) and this dog have a real love affair.  She will mind him about as well as any one.  Maybe it has to do with treats like ice cream, bacon drippings on her dog food and the best belly rubs.  We kept the 6' (a couple of meters) distance from everyone we saw.  But there were few to see.  






A few snaps and it was time to return to the safety of home. 


The look on DJ's face was like, 'home?'  You're not going to spend the night so I can sleep with you?

Leaving DJ in the back yard we left without even waving through a window at our FAB family.  Not sure what I am looking forward to more, a hug from our kids or the surgery.  I think I'll say hugs.  But I am ready to be able to talk loudly enough for people to hear me.  The worst part of all this is when I cannot talk to anyone except for mornings mostly.

Ya'll all stay in, stay safe, stay well.

5 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    OH Janice, that is such good news, my friend and I pray everything goes to plan.

    DJ's face in that first shot is priceless. All these shots are precious and a breath of fresh air. Sending etherhugs! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the prayers. DJ is a sweetheart. etherhugs back to you. namaste, janice xx

      Delete
  2. Ah, it must be so good to be out and feel the sun and play with that gorgeous dog. You caught him at some perfect times as well.

    Hope all goes forward with that surgery. I have by now learnt not to count on anything and I have nothing serious going on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very refreshing to be out in the fresh air with Hubby and DJ. Thanks for the good thoughts.

      Hugs,
      Janice

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely visit here...your photos and words makes me feel like you are talking to me. I just love the way you write and so happy you and your hubby are being careful. My son Google duo called me which is like facetime...I was so happy. For a week now I asked if he could pop by and we could visit from my balcony and his truck but he has been busy and the weather was not nice so when he called with the video chat it was such a treat. I got to see him, his beautiful wife (pregnant) miss touching her belly and their 2 dogs and cat (I call them the girls) and I'm their Nana too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings