privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Sunday, April 5, 2020

April 4, 2020, Later In The Day

Saturday morning started with the hunt for Robbie.  It was fairly easy as he was not far from the recharging station.  I thought I had arranged my sewing chair so Robbie could not get under the hutch.  I was wrong.  There he was caught in the area that is just a smidgen lower than the remainder of the opening.  Not sure exactly how to solve the issue but I have a couple of ideas that I am testing.



One idea is to extend a small amount hard plastic along the edge to guide Robbie to the higher opening.  I have some materials taped up there to see how that works over the next few days.  If Robbie will not turn into bully Robbie hopefully it will work.  Robbie can push things around when  attempting to get out of a tight place. 

Today was just rain shower after rain shower.  Rain is good so reservoirs will hopefully be enough to keep water for the area through the dry months.  Cause there are always dry months in the semi-arid area.  The rain, also, washed the pollen out of the air.  Our cars are covered with green pollen dust.  Between the pollen and the sandy type soil our apartment floor can look grubby.  Thus Robbie.  And he mops.  So I suppose it is okay to play a game of hide and seek every now and then.

603 Louis Henna, Round Rock, TX, 78664 - Retail Space For Lease ...
With the stay safe, stay home non activity going on arranging for grocery pickup or delivery is being a challenge.  I made an online purchase on March 26 from H.E.B, an area chain store.  The soonest time I could pickup the order was April 7.  Today, 4-4, I placed an order.  The order is not available to be picked up until April 18 at 7:30 PM.   Makes me think ahead for what I might need in order to keep that pantry stocked.

H.E.B has hired more employees to help with the deliveries, curbside pickup and restocking of shelves for walk in shoppers.  In addition employees were given a $2 per hour raise.  Grocers and pharmacies have reduced hours with none being 27/7.  The nights are now only for restocking but extensive sanitizing.  Life looks different for all of us.  The shopping center across from us usually has many, many vehicles in the lots.  This photo was from 3 or 4 days ago.  Lowe's and Sam's club are several stores down but they had only a sprinkling of vehicles.


On April Fool's day I strolled west from the apartment to another retention pond a couple of blocks away from us.  The day was gorgeous.  The temperature was perfect with just enough breeze to make walking a joy.  I'll share a few shots with you to brighten your day.



Thought this cloud looked a bit like a gull in flight, Jonathan Livingston Seagull.  Yes, the sky was that deep blue.  Made the water beautifully blue, too.




Thought I would try a bit of B and W on this photo looking up between the #3 building entrance.


Better get to bed.  It is 1:30 AM.  That is better than the 3:45 AM I went to bed last evening/morning.  Ya'll all stay safe and healthy out there.

Peace,
Janice

9 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Love that B&W - very minimalist! What a great place to walk, though. I intend to take a turn around the block today - for sanity's sake! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sanity may be in short supply before this is all over! Namaste, janice xx

      Delete
  2. Nice photos!! The cloud looks like a full or a white dove...I see white doves a lot because they remind me of my mom...her name was Colombe which means dove in French. I see grocery on line is long there too. I ordered March 25th and will finally get it delivered April 8th. I told my son Imay need him to pick up the next delivery end of April because deliveries just cannot meet the demands. We also have curbside pickup up so he can have it put on his truck and drive on over here. I find Iam still lucky that we still have food...God bless the grocery stores, delivery persons, truckers delivering all the produce...of course health Care workers and so many other people but boy oh boy...I am so grateful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very correct about all we still have. We certainly are not going to starve. We have shelter. Frightening for the medical personal to have to be in such close contact. I know this will pass but it will be a different world. And I am hopeful that new world will be a better place.

      Delete
  3. Goodness me. At least we can still go ourselves and everything is there. Although it might get a little bit tighter as we're coming up to Easter now. Definitely not having to wait for nearly two weeks though. That is ridiculous!
    I hope that $2 an hour raise will stay in place after this whole thing has passed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a bit of a challenge. I online shopped at both Sam's and Walmart for items that could not be filled on the 4/7 which turned out to be 4/4 order. Items like soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce were unavailable. I thought that was really weird. Folks are really laying in the supplies. We shall survive.

      Delete
  4. Lovely nature shots on your walk ~ ^_^

    Be Well,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)
    PS ~ Zoe 'on the mend' gratefully ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings