privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

April 21,2020

First the Robbie update.  Saturday they closed themselves in our closet.  Sunday they were trapped under a different edge of the hutch.  Yesterday a bush or wheel was caught in a doorway cord cover.  Other than that Robbie has behaved really good.  It is pleasant to step on the fluffy carpet each day.  Living area is a dark stained concrete that shows dust.  Nice for that to look clean each day, also.  Just really am enjoying the cleaner surroundings.

Slowly but surely the additional masks are getting put together.  I messed up and sewed at the normal 5/8 inch seam line and the second one I made was too tight for Hubby.  I had decided to do assembly line, sewing tops together, then liners, next seam 3 sides, etc.  Since I sewed the seam incorrectly, I have spent time today correcting my error.  I hate wasting time by always having to redo something.  To complicate matters, my hands began cramping up as I worked.  I finally just gave up and went back to reading a book.

Alex Jones Shakes Hands With Protesters at Texas Rally to Reopen ...
Alex Jones at Austin protest to remove restrictions on business. 
Source:  Newsweek

Our governor is allowing many places to reopen.  It seems common sense would dictate folks not go crazy being elbow to elbow.  I'll do what I think is the very best to support the front line health care workers.  Our President lies when saying there are plenty of tests.  Our state which is reopening this weekend has tested only .006% or our population.  Governors hare having to purchase tests from South Korea as none are available for purchase here.  Hmmm.  Wonder where the US companies are that could be making these same tests?  Seems that is something a Federal government could take care of some of this.  Guess we will just see how this all works out for our state, nation and the world.


Protesters in Texas, other states demand end to lockdowns day ...
source:  NBC news
Last evening Son and DIL set up a Zoom call with us.  It was pleasant to sit and visit with them.  Just able to catch up on the little things as well as big things was wonderful.  We live 9 miles apart and other than the three times Son brought some supplies, no visual contact.  Sure there were texts but that is not the same as seeing those face confirming they are good.  Son noted that getting us online with Zoom was much easier than expected. Neither Hubby nor I had the application installed.  Downloading, installing and then the final connection was far easier that the 'olden days'.  The time back in the early 1990's downloading data for circuit boards over phone lines!



Well, that is about all going on here in Round Rock, TX.  I'll leave you with this bright photo from 2015.


Stay safe, be happy, do not worry.  Think about what will be one of the first things you do once you feel safe to move around.

8 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Yes, I think folk were okay-ish with the initial lockdown - but our extension is now testing some. Overall, though, I think Brits are more accepting of the need; but then we are facing (potentially) the worst outcomes - if any of the current figures are anywhere near accuratte.

    And I keep reminding myself that as far as world population goes, the virus itself is still minimal in its dangers. It is the behaviour it has induced from government level down to the personal, which will be noted strongly in history.

    I'm just hanging out to get back to my Hutch... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheltering in place has had a direct affect on regular flu cases according to health agencies. Pretty much any respiratory transmitted infection/virus/etc has been reduced. I stayed busy yesterday doing laundry, etc. Today is a lower energy level and wheezing. Guess I am most anxious to be able to get my surgery and begin healing.

      Delete
  2. We are slowly getting looser rules to live by, but there are still a lot of things uncertain and closed at this point. I read a great thing today which really puts things in perspective: "The curve is flattening, we can start lifting the restrictions now. It's like saying: The parachute has slowed down our rate of descent, we can now take it off."

    Anyway, have a good remainder of this week!
    Klem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll keep mine on till feet are on firm ground! Restrictions are to begin loosening this weekend.

      Do take care and continued success in remodeling your room.
      Peace!

      Delete
  3. According to data released April 20, 2020 the US has tested 3 times as many people as any other country (3.9 million vs 1.3 million in Italy) on a per capita basis the US has tested more people than any other country except Italy (2% in Italy vs 1.2% in US vs 1% in S. Korea). Governor Parsons announced today that next few weeks Missouri will have the capability of conducting 50,000 tests per week.

    Yesterday We went to Wal-Mart to get a few items. I stayed in the car while Brenda went inside. I was not alone as there were several others sitting in cars while their spouses entered the store. It appeared that most people attempted to distance themselves while entering the store but, I estimate that only 15% were wearing masks and even fewer were wearing gloves. The vast majority of the mask wearers were elderly.

    Are we doing enough testing to allow reopening our economy? I don't know. S. Korea seems to be doing ok with fewer test that us but Italy isn't faring so well with more testing than us.

    From a social standpoint are we ready to reopen the economy? From my observations at Wal-Mart I'd have to say no. We can only hope that business owners take their responsibilities seriously and provide proper ppe and distancing for employees and customers alike.

    Stay healthy and safe,
    Charlie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am working to have enough masks for us to be able to have clean, sanitized masks for our outings to grocery stores. Gene is surely ready for a Jeep ride into the hill country. That will probably happen next week. He is still waiting for an MRI to determine if his rotator cuff is torn. He has been having a good deal of pain the last several weeks. Went last week to our ortho doctor to see if a shot would help. Doctor does not want to give a shot until the extent of damage is determined. Falling apart in our old age down here in Texas.

      Delete
  4. You are busy - hope you managed to finish your masks. We are still requested to stay home in Bangkok. I am so happy for a garden in our apartment block. I will be happy to be back in nature when all clear to get out and about.
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days I do keep myself occupied. Today I shall just enjoy reading another mystery book. I look forward to your next adventure, too. Cause you will write about it in such a way your readers will feel as if we are there with you.
      Janice x

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings