privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Distractions

The last four years have presented me with non life threatening physical health issues.  Hiatal hernia complications that silently caused damage to my voice box and reignited my childhood asthma.  Surgery in the middle of the pandemic repaired the hernia in May 2020.  Now, my voice is still not 100% but it is certainly more than a whisper!  Very pleased with that.  

Somehow in working to get in 10000 steps a day 4 years ago I irritated my adductor muscle and tendon.  The burning, almost constant pain sent me to 6 months of physical therapy in 2022-2023.  For the last 18 months I have spent so much time with ice packs and heating pads on the inside of my thighs.  But the past month that issue has made a big change.  I have been able to do chores requiring climbing a short step ladder with little to no residual discomfort.  Well, sure there are the sore muscles as one gets after being inactive over an extended time, otherwise not much discomfort.  

With feeling better I am able to get back to finessing the move in process.  Last week I changed the location of my recliner.  Sounds simple enough.  Unfortunately, the move has me isolated from a power source without adding a length of extension cord.   That should not be a big deal but for my 'I hate a spider web of cords".  The chairside table has a power center with 2 plugs and 2 usb connections.  That covers the now side by side coffee/tea cup warmers and my cell and tablet needs.  But, but, but, my laptop, my electric recliner, the table connection to power, my heating pad, and chairside lamp?  Every time I look at the temporary cluster of cords I just get a bit overwhelmed to actually come up with an organized solution.  So I just sit back down and distract myself with an online puzzle.

On the very positive side, I have reworked one portion of the 'all the places we've been' walls.  Before Christmas we heard a noise of something falling.  It took my working on displaying the penguin waddle to find what had happened.  A shadow-box collage of 2019's travels hanger had failed.  Last week Hubby repaired the hanger.  Inside the collage kept having things fall to the bottom of the frame.  While it was down I dragged out the hot glue and that should take care of the issue.  Even did it to the France trip shadow-box Monte Carlo magnet.  

Once all the shadow boxes were put back together, out came the step ladder.  The 2005 Arched Bridges over the Susquehanna River photo painting was unhooked.  Let me backup here.  We have a gallery hanging system.  The system is a 6 ft. metal rail that allows metal rods to be hooked over it.  The rods then have spring tension hangers the can slide to any position on the rod.  The rods can slide along the long metal rail.  This setup allows artwork to be replaced without having to make additional holes in walls.  Only the top metal rail is attached with screws.  The system can hold several hundred pounds. 

The Arched Bridges picture needed two of the metal rods to be moved to my right.  A third rod was relocated to make the tota arrangement to be more evenly spaced.  Here is the before with shadow-box on the floor.

Before

In the before photo two rods and two hangers are visible.  Pictures were crooked so messing with my slight OCD issue.  Hiding behind the chair is the 2019 trips shadow box.

The rail from which the rods hang is visible at the top.  I like it all better.  The trips are loaded from top to bottom starting at the far left rod.  Top plate is from our honeymoon.  Then the years and trips build from there.  Souvenirs are located in the hutch and more out of picture.  The plate rack is covered with magnets that I began collecting instead of photos and plates.  There is even a shadow-box with lapel pins.  Lots of trips, lots of memories.

Oh, as long as I was up there dealing with all the pictures, etc. I dusted everything.  Even Granny Chandler's 70+ years old fan received a through cleaning.  These activities along with the rearranged spare closet makes me feel just a bit more at home.  Good thing, too.  The office left a note it was time to renew our lease.  And of course the rent has gone up at our new place.  Ugh.  Just means fewer trips.  That is okay.  We had already decided 2024 needs to be a much more stay close to home year.

Hope reading this bit of days of my life has not been too much of a distraction for you.  It has been nice for you to stop by for a bit of a read.

Peace,

Janice

2 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Your adjustment of the hanging arrangement paid off - very viewable! Glad all the achey bit are feeling so much better and that you are at last feeling more settled. It does take a while... then suddenly you realise years have passed and you can't quite recall having been anywhere else. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the years pass. Sunday we were discussing with Son and DIL about how long we had lived in certain houses. DIL has lived the longest in only one other home than the one they are in now. They have been there 9 years. When we spoke of 18 and 21 years prior to the 9 1/2 years in the last place she was amazed. namaste, janice xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings