privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Shopping

Today was a pickup online orders.  I was unable to pickup my Target order yesterday.  I called last evening and a nice lady put a note to not return the items to stock. Today I arrived at the pickup desk at around 11 AM.  Sure enough there was the note.  After many minutes of searching in different areas the items were unable to be found in the pickup area.  Only option was to shop the store to locate the items.  The sweet service lady wished me luck.

Item one was 3 boxes of mini quiche for a meeting I am co-hosting tomorrow.  No mini quiche could be located by me.  Fine, I'll make a breakfast casserole, just purchase a dozen eggs to make sure I do not deprive Hubby of his egg supply.  Next item is bacon and English muffins, scored both with no problem.  Doritos for something salty.  Changed mind and purchased mixed nuts.  

Remembering that the protein bars were in short supply time was spent determining which was the most bang for my buck.  Two boxes of protein bars (15 gm protein) and one box of apple cinnamon breakfast bars (2 gm protein) added to the basket.  Oh, and there are the oranges I meant to have on the original order.  Mmmm, Hubby loves those grapes and they are on a marked down price.

I need to supply paper plates, napkins, and serveware for the meeting tomorrow.  Well, may as well get the Valentine ones since it is close.  Oh, there is something Hubby would like for Valentine.  And another.  Walking toward the checkout area across the store I found the potted tulips I was wishing for our place.  Into the basket.  Even though I inspected several bath mats none made it into the cart.

My original order was around $35 US.  This cart of goodies was $93.  At least the pantry is restocked for some items to help Hubby stay in a good A1C range while keeping the weight going in a downward figure.  In store shopping is expensive for this impulse buyer.

Stop one sent me back home to unload the refrigerator items.  Turned out I was able to carry all but the paper goods and nuts up to the apartment on my arms.  (BTW there is no way I could have done that a year ago so great improvement in my adductor issues.)  Once the items were sanitized and put away I had about 15 minutes to grab some tea and a sit down.  

Number 2 stop went exactly as planned.  Mini valentine decorated cupcakes and veggie tray brought to my car and placed in the hatch back area.  Dropped off a few items to Goodwill.  Ran the car through the cheap line at the carwash.  Now to head to the last stop of the day, Macy's to pickup a new dress that was ordered weeks ago.  Managed by luck to park outside the pickup door.  All went as planned except a part of the order was cancelled by Macy's due to damage.  The refund was to a store card that I had shredded after my order was placed.  Now to figure out where the $10+ is.  Will deal with customer service on Thursday.  Wednesday is full.

Arrived home safely which can be a crap shoot in Austin traffic..  Gathered the three items into a bag and headed for the fourth floor apartment.  About 10 feet from the gate to enter the apartment building the bag shifted.  Only one thing slipped out of the bag.  I sent the hostess a picture of the now no longer lovely cupcakes.  Still editable was her answer.  The new dress, size 14W is too big.  I now have to decide what to do about the dress.  If I return the thing the $$ go back on the missing card.

Oh, well.  I was able to work in the extra closet getting things a bit more organized from last year's quick move in.  Still another hour or so work for that area that will probably happen on Thursday.  Decided it was tie for another tea and a sit down as it was approaching 5 PM.  

Dinner was prepared, eaten, and cleanup started while I began prep on the breakfast casserole.  Oops, no grated cheese.  Use the sliced cheese.  Just one last blip in a day of slips, flips, and misses.  That's okay cause I was able to watch those kids play on the equipment.

Peace, Janice





2 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    Having become well accustomed to shopping on line and having everything delivered to the door, I can quite imagine it would be a lot more expensive if I actually went in to the shop!!! Though my recent splurge on yarns might count as my impulse hit 🤗 n YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aahhhh, yes, a yarn store can be as dangerous as anywhere. Different things can be addictive to us different folks depending on our penchants. Mine is penguins. Fortunately, there are no penguin stores. namaste, janice xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings