privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Monday, February 19, 2024

Hobbled

The finger brace is a real hobbler of my lifestyle.  Having to work without the full use of the left hand is an inconvenience for pretty much everything from unloading the dishwasher to dressing.  The inconvenience has certainly enhanced my compassion for persons permanently disabled. 

Last evening I reached under the coffee cart to retrieve Bruce, our replacement robot vacuum.  It was not there attached to the charger.  Checking the app, I found Bruce was disconnected which meant it was not connected to the wifi.  As it was almost midnight, I chose not to go on a hide and seek jaunt as Hubby was already asleep.

When I awoke this morning, the hide and seek game began.  With a cane in hand I swiped under every piece of furniture and beds.  Hubby was on the balcony doing a Marco Polo visit with his brother.  He came in as I was looking one more time.  Hubby said he had been looking, also.  There was one more place I could check to see if the now totally powerless Bruce could be.  A container of holiday decorations were under our bed.  Just maybe Bruce had become tangled in between that container and the table leaves stored under there.  

I was down on my knees with the cane knocking around under the bed.  I finally moved to the head of the bed and sure enough.  Wedged between the leaves, decoration box, and wall was a comatose robot vacuum.  Bruce was, like me, hobbled.  First I tried to use the handle of the cane to retrieve said robot.  That was a no go.  I finally gave up and stretched out on the floor.  It took my entire arm's length to grab the robot.  That was the good arm.  To avoid further such incidents of hide and seek, I moved the deco box against the wall.  

The search began because I had approached the robot to clean its dustbin.  An hour later the dust bin is clean and ready to go.  Bruce is back on his charger.  The robot is supposed to be a help.  It is 99.9% of the time.  With all that stretching, pulling, bending, and such, I skipped any additional exercise for the day.  Guess that was the .1% 'help' was getting my out of my recliner for a bit of exercise in spite of my hobbled hand.

Y'all take care,

Janice (and Bruce)

2 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    Who knew owning robots could be so entertaining? 😂 Though to be fair, I was having flashbacks to when I had the broken wrist... Yeech... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking that if we had the "Jetson" type robots I probably would never be able to find anything in my house! Worse than when my Hubby first retired and helped with everything. lol namaste, janice xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings