privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Thursday, February 8, 2024

Missed Post

One of my "gonna do betters" for the new year was to begin posting more regularly.  I missed yesterday for no good reason.  I was pretty busy from 7 AM when I first woke.  There was a breakfast casserole to be baked for my PEO sisters.  Also, 2 dozen mini cupcakes to be refrosted following the upside down tumble.  Veggies needed to be added to the assortment I had purchased.  I managed to achieve all needed tasks as well as shower and makeup.  Even though I think I had to start at every traffic light I made it to my friend's home with time to spare to set out the snacks.  Very soon the members began arriving and began the snacking.

The meeting was like all meetings, blah, blah, motions, blah, minutes, blah, meeting dismissed.  Time to get in a few more of the snacks I brought and potty stops.  Then came the program.  One member's daughter is an artist.  The artist spoke of how she came to be an artist after being a nurse for several years.  The bulk of the program was her explaining how she is now doing a type of textured acrylic ink painting.  She applies a thin coat of joint compound to a canvas and allowed it to dry.  She does leave areas uncoated and will sand the dry compound to achieve the desired texture for her painting.

The painting is done with smaller brushes.  The ink once applied is absorbed into the compound so there is no changing after once applied.  Ms. Denny has painting as large as 5' x 5' (1.5 m x 1.5 m) one of which is currently on display at a local college.  She brought samples from her bird series and sun series.  Since I did not take photos during the meeting you can see her work here.  The Horns of Greatness was my favorite.  If I had several hundred dollars with nothing earmarked for it, it might be hanging in my home.  Needless to say, the program was a hit.  And so was the breakfast casserole.

Once my friend's kitchen and living room were mostly back together, I headed home.  We had a conference call with our financial person scheduled for around 1:30 PM.  When one does not have a ton of $$, conversations of about money are pretty short.  Some decisions were made and adjustments as needed.  By the time we ate a late lunch it was almost 4 in the afternoon. My brain was disengaged so no blog writing was happening.

Today Hubby joined a young man for coffee at his home.  I took the opportunity to do a bit of rearranging of our living area.  Once that was to my satisfaction, I returned to completing the closet rearrangement started earlier in the week.  The closet project is really just finishing up the organization from when we first moved in.  The closet is complete with room made for several additional storage tubs and Hubby's hobby items.  Now to repair the "Oh the places we have been" wall where one photo fell leaving other pictures askew.  And then the scanning for DIL, and the license plate, ad infinitum.

Surely is great to be getting back to my body working as it should.  No adductor muscle/tendon pain unless I step the wrong way.  Yes, great to be feeling better.

Y'all take care.

Janice

2 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    First, glad you are feeling better! Second, that presentation sounded interesting and I do like Betty's works... though I must say I see a distinct influence from the indigenous N.American arts, particularly of the Pacific NW and Canada, despite not being mentioned among her inspirations. The technique is intriguing. And sorting stuff in the home is a never-ending task, I fear! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some folks mentioned the appearance of N. American influence. She said she did not seek it out it sort of evolved just naturally. namaste, janice xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings