privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Sunday, February 4, 2024

UGH

Today is prep day.  Intestinal check out tomorrow.   Ugh.  But that nasty drink does not start till 3 PM.  The 5 PM four pills and another 32 oz of the drink.  No fluids of any kind after 7 PM.  Ugh.  The process is a little earlier than expected due to the abdominal issues.  After the CT scan a week ago, this is the next step.  Gathering clues, hopefully the doctor will find what is going on in my old body.

Now wasn't that a fun paragraph!  All the waddle of penguins are put to bed for the year.  I did keep out the two penguins Hubby gave me about 25 years ago.  Also, Cuddy, a penguin Son and DIL gave me for Christmas four years ago.  There is the green penguin from the restaurant's gift shop in Bentonville, Arkansas.  That was last year when we attended our granddaughter's college graduation.  The weekend was, also, Mother's Day.  My green penguin is not lifesize as the one in the photo with my baby Sissy and me.

The vast majority of my collection were gifts from sisters in my Beta Sigma Phi sorority.  Dear friends.  The penguin collection, therefore is an assembly of memories.  Times spent with ladies that knew me before I was a grandmother.  A couple of the members were friends from the plant where I worked for 20+ years.  One, Smitty goes back 42 years when I first started working for ACD.  My son was only 8 years old.  That is a lot of memories.

Post graduation photo of Son, DIL, Granddaughter, and #3 Grandson

Hope you are able to either enjoy some good memories today.  Or maybe make a couple of new ones.

Peace,
Janice




3 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Ugh, indeed... sending lots of positive vibes and healing prayers your way for quick results and provision of answers/solutions. On my side, to spread a little distraction, the socks for Mac1 (the third run at them, so I have two pairs of less than perfect) are complete... still not 100% but 99 is not so bad. And immediately begun another project with some very different yarn in Tunisian style and it is bringing a smile as I do it. I hope you can feel that smile and can carry it with you tomorrow. Huggies from here to there. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All good report of no polyps. Diverticulosis is the reason for abdominal issues. Eat lots of fiber and call is painful especially if temperature. Otherwise all good. I envy your ability to create the socks. And, Perfection is way overrated. Take it from a former perfectionist and overachiever. I could surely use a bit of that these days. The achieving part to get some things accomplished. But Some of the issues I meet are due to overachieving. Like moving 1/2 ton of rock for walks by myself. I did tell the procedure crew I almost drew a heart on the end of the problem. <: ) Namaste, janice xx

      Delete
    2. Hari OM
      Ah, diverti can be a nuisance... says one who has been dealing with irritable bowel for a few years now! Full understanding. All very manageable once one understands what does and doesn't fit in there. Yxx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings