privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Thursday, February 22, 2024

Evaluation

Do you ever get to the end of a day and wonder what you accomplished?  That is where I find myself this evening.  I can't see anything that looks much different.  Maybe that is because the things are not things that are showy.  Cleaning that only the one doing it knows it was done.  Like cleaning inside the microwave.  My DIL gave me this cute thing for Christmas.  It is specifically made for cleaning microwaves.

Pour vinegar into her skirt to the vinegar line then water to the water line.  Place her in the microwave for 5 minutes.  Wipe clean.  The contents can be used to brighten the streaked glass cooktop.  Remember the contents are hot.  I may have forgotten.  But the vinegar water combination did leave the cooktop and stove front nice and shiney.   As for the lady figure she is as happy as anyone can be with a dress full of vinegar.

The other thing I remembered I did was clean the inside of a grubby coffee carafe.  It still needed more scrubbing but that hobbled arm said enough of this for now.  So I went to the next easy project.

The apartment roof had leaked and caused damage in our bedroom.  Our maintenance person finished the repair of our bedroom.  I told him I would take care of vacuuming the dust from the wall repair.  Once completed, I cleaned the dustbuster including washing out the filter.  

After moving my recliner to a different area of the room I have not had a good place for my mouse.  I found an unused photo holder.  It has been working good except it would fall off as it was not attached.  Today I attached it to the arm of my chair.  Problem resolved, zero cost.

I did remember to water the plants.  While doing that I thought I would plug in the fountain on the balcony.  The height of the water flow told me that the filter need to be cleaned.  Hobbled hand said do not be silly.  The brain agreed.  The brain and hand were still talking when I reached with a wet hand to unplug the fountain.  A slight tingle startled me as my hand had touched one of the metal prongs of the fountain plug.  I said ouch but no one heard me.  No biggie.


The kids were on the playground so I grabbed my phone to get a photo of the fun.  It was refreshing to hear their laughter and joy as the ran, climbed, circled, and swung.  Returning to the living area, I decided it really was time to sit for awhile.  I turned to check the temperature on the little weatherstation.  It was dead.  I tried to get Google to turn on the accent lights in the kitchen.  No response.  Great.  Hubby entered the room noting he had lost internet.  I had already checked the plug for the Google device and weather station.  It had no power.  I had not gone to check for a tripped breaker.  I did ask Hubby to do it.  Sure enough, breaker tripped.  Guess a breaker tripped when I received the slight tingle.

By now it was noon.  A bite of lunch for Hubby and  me while watching "Gunsmoke".  Caught on missed texts.  Baby Sis was needing to talk.  The dieticians I had contacted about help with proper foods to work with gastric issues wanted to schedule a phone call.  Sis and I ruined an hour checking on each other and working out details for an upcoming combo sister time, California cousins visit, and 84th birthday party for Sis #2.

After further contact with the dietician group the only reason for the phone call was to talk me into purchasing more options.  No thanks, I just want the info on the reboot, the two week program.  Please, send me the product.  All done and I have access to the basic information.  FODMAP is what the program is based upon and can be read about here.

Oh, I cleaned the bathroom, too. Including the baseboards.  Put dinner together.  Other things required for just the basic daily living.  Ok, did better that I realized.

Y'all take care.
Janice 

2 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    Crikey, I'd say you did brilliantly! All best with dietary adjustments...YAM xx (in The Grey tucked up to combat the weather suddenly turning to snow!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not snow! Have I mentioned our oldest grandson is choosing to live in a van in Colorado? Oh, the adventures of youth. It gets below 0 F in his area. namaste, janice xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings