privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Thursday, March 10, 2022

Dreams

Tonight was a Round Rock Dragons lacrosse game.  Grandson #3 is back on that team.  He is not attending that high school but his school does not offer lacrosse.  The coaches and district allowed him to join the team for the spring season.  I noticed this evening there were other young men on the team from other Round Rock high schools on the same team.  With all the issues caused by the covid shutdown of schools in 2020 and 2021 schools have eliminated some sports.

Grandson #1 had a dream of going to college and playing lacrosse.  He was being recruited by some smaller schools prior to the shutdowns.  His chance of a scholarship and a regular college experience evaporated.  With his dyslexia, online college did not work out for him.  As readers know he spent last summer being a guide on river rapid trips.  The winter season took him to Breckenridge, CO, and work in a ski shop.  His maternal grandparents have a condo in Breckenridge.  That is where he lives.  At the ski shop, the employees have a 3-hour break for skiing.  After all, the employees need to know the conditions for the best recommendations to customers.  It may not have been #1's dream but he seems to be enjoying all the benefits.


Grandson #3 wanted to go to the Naval Academy as his maternal grandfather had done.  An impulsive child from the time he was born, #3 made a life-altering choice one day.  He looked into a laser pointer and lost the vision in one eye.  No Naval Academy for him.  From that bad decision, he spiraled into alcohol and drug use.  Almost one year ago he was placed in a rehab center for three months.  He will be sober for one year on the 26th of March.  Staying sober has become his hope for the future.  He has one more year in high school.  I have not heard him say recently what he plans to seek in college.

Grandson #2 is in his last few weeks of high school.  He and our DIL made two trips looking at potential colleges and universities.  It appears he will be attending Montana State University in Bozeman, MT.  MSU has an engineering school.  It is, also, known for the high level of research that is done there.  I am not sure if #2 likes the school or the fact he can go skiing frequently.  A big plus that was mentioned was how there were rooms in the dorms for ski and snowboard waxing!  Guess I'll have two grandsons on ski slopes each winter.

We all have our dreams and hopes for the future.  When I started this post that was not the type of dream I had in mind.  More in the line of dreams during sleep.  My dreams are about finishing the basement of the house in Aurora.  We moved from that house in February 1993.  Another recurring dream is about the Farnsworth place that my family lived in from 1952 or so till October 1960.  In my deep dreams, I continue to remodel or try to save the house from destruction.   The Farnsworth House was actually moved to a small nearby village.  But in my dreams, it is still on Thompson lane.

Tonight as I rode to the lacrosse game with Son and #4 Grandson I mentioned the dreams.  I noted how I never have dreams about my son or his family.  "Maybe it's that you only dream in the past, Mom.  You get to see the family all the time".  Now, I am left wondering about my dreams.  Will I continue dreaming of only unfinished projects at my homes?  Will I again try to rebuild the circuit board company where I worked for 20 + years?  Only time and sleep will tell.

Wishing you all pleasant dreams.

Janice

2 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Strange world, dreamland - whether at night or in the day with our future's to plan... glad to hear #3 is doing okay though. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind comment about #3. namaste, janice xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings