privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Saturday, May 16, 2020

May 10, 2020


Son usually takes DIL and me out for a Mother's Day brunch at Fox Hole.  Not an option this year.  He had his dad pick out a meal for me from a restaurant where there were takeouts available.  Around noon Son stopped outside our apartment.  He delivered four pots of petunias!  Yea, I get to have flowers to enjoy on my patio. 


The Bride of Frankenstein (1935) - Photo Gallery - IMDbHubby wanted a photo of Son with me and I wanted the cardinal in the photos, too.  Northern cardinals were my mom's favorite bird.  Yes, my hair is grey like Bride of Frankenstein.   Back less grey than the front.  Still much more grey than my MIL when she passed at 99 years old.

Back to Mother's day.  Son returned to his auto and returned with ribeye steak, salad, mac n cheese with a Texas touch.  He even brought scotch for his dad to have a toast.  Again touchless time.  These three photos are the closest I have been to him in 2.5 months.  But I was close to him three times this week so no complaints here!





Our one and only child.  So honored to have him call me mom. 

Thanks, Son and DIL, for a special Covid 19 lockdown Mother's Day.  The flowers will cheer me throughout the coming months.

Peace, love and health,
Janice

4 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    These photos are filled with love and joy. That counts for gazillions. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does, YAM. namaste, janice xx

      Delete
  2. I had to hug a friend the other day. She had just lost a dog and not hugging her seemed so cruel. So we hugged and it was so good! Just being close to somebody else again was so nice.

    My parents still had the house full of anniversary flowers, so no flowers were wanted by my mum. And since I never do anything special for Mother's day anyway...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here in the US of A lots of folks call it another Hallmark Holiday! Just a way to sell cards. Ha. Most moms are happy with a hug and a thank you.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings