privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Saturday, May 30, 2020

May 30, 2020

It has been mostly quiet here at 2114.  We did get a grocery delivery.  Hubby washed the Jeep.  The soft top is worn out so a new one will arrive next week.  That means online shopping was in the mix. 

I have no words of wisdom as cities in our nation are burning.  With persons of color dying in police encounters about 6 times the number of whites.  Selling cigarettes with paying taxes, possibly passing a bogus $20 bill, jogging through a neighborhood should not be a death sentence.  Unfortunately some groups choose to use violence in response.  Living with the idea that the color of one's skin in the wrong person's mind puts a target on one's back.  I can see how that pressure could erupt in a violent manor.  I have that kind of fuse in me.

No words as Covid continues to spread and claim lives.  Our nephew in California had quintuple bypass surgery on April 28.  He was alone in the hospital with only health professionals.  May 5 he was released to home with at home PT.  Yesterday he received his PT person had tested positive for Covid.  Immediately tests were given to him, wife and son.  Today while I am writing the post the tests came back negative.  Nephew said the PT had always worn a mask and gloves.  Looks like the preventative measures worked for nephew et al.  The question becomes where the PT person was initially exposed.

Latest Texas stats for testing vs. positive results lands at 6% which is not fluctuating much.  I have been following for the last two weeks.  6% basically says to me that 1 in 17 people are infected.  I am not sure at what ratio I want to see that before venturing out to eat at a restaurant.  Any thoughts?

Enough for hard thinking.  I'll just share a few random photos from the patio one early morning.



White winged dove greets the sun.



Even the mundane become a thing of beauty in the morning light.   I noticed the sun over the angel hanging on the wire of the patio fence.  I wanted to capture the sun behind her head.  Sun and my recent surgery did not want to position in alignment with my vision.  Oh, well.  In an instant alignment changes and a few snaps.  Sun through angel wing!  This photo is SOC.


























Wishing you all good health and peace.

Janice

2 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Gorgeous shots... The whole testing debacle here makes me wonder 'why bother'; especially as the tests do not seem to be that reliable. Folk are testing negative, then going down with the thing - or conversely being isolated after a postive result only to turn out negative. It's a long way to the edge of the woods yet... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are the same issues here. I just looked back at how long it took to develop a reliable TB test. First tests were developed in the late 1800's. The most used test was developed in the 1940's. Judging by that standard a few decades before a reliable test. but that could be comparing apples to avocados for the lack of knowledge on the subject. I am reading a book about the 1918 pandemic. The first several chapters deal with the history of the evolution of medical research. Pretty interesting. Hubby has become chatty since my voice has improved leaving little time to read. Guess he has been waiting to have someone with whom to chat. namaste, janice xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings