privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Friday, May 1, 2020

May 1, 2020

Today is the first day of no national lock down.  Some states are moving more rapidly than others to get back to business as usual.  Of course business as usual really depends on customers.  What can a business do to make me feel safe enough to go shopping?  I have not been one to go brick and mortar shopping for some time, like years.  Sure I do some inside the store shopping but mostly online is my preferred method.  Especially since this breathing/voice issues started over a year ago.

Gallery ImageYesterday I was thinking about my little immediate family.  There is a local restaurant that Youngest Grandson says is the place we go as a family.  I felt an overwhelming desire to meet the kids and grandkids there for a meal.  To hug my family.  I sent a Polo message to Son and DIL saying it surely would be nice to go to Rio for dinner with the family.  Cause there are good margaritas there.  Son says maybe a distancing picnic with food from Rio could be worked out at some point.

Two birthdays are in the next ten days.  Youngest Grandson turns 14.  DIL has a birthday 5 days later.  Son noted that Mother's Day is in the mix, too.  Son was worried about if I needed to get a gift to YG.  No, remember it is just cash.  So I'll need to go get cash from the bank, disinfect it and seal in a card I make.  The grandkids aren't crazy about Grandma selections so $$$ suits them fine.  I have had DIL's gift for a few months, just need to wrap it.  Probably no parties but there will be a drive by parade for YG.

The following chart is the latest numbers from our government showing the number of tests given in certain countries.

0
5,000
10,000
15,000
20,000
25,000
Italy
Germany
Canada
US
South Korea
UK
France
Netherlands
Taiwan

Usually birthday celebrations involve a meal at the restaurant of choice by the birthday person.  Hmmm.  That is not going to happen.  What can restaurants do to entice me to sit next to strangers?  Have people tested including me.  Something like a pregnancy test where one spits on a little wand and it turns colors to give an immediate result of infection.  Pretty sure in the great USA that will never happen cause folks would scream invasion of privacy.  After all, we have people showing up with automatic weapons at state capitals demanding everything be reopened.  I keep wondering when all the gun crazies are going to start just showing up at my door demanding I go shop or out to eat.

Now I know there are those who read this blog that will be offended by the term 'gun crazies'.  Number one, not all gun owners are crazy.  Many gun owners are very responsible.  Just like car owners or motorcycle owners or blender owners.  There are always a few in any group that are, well, crazy.  People driving recklessly by driving as if only their needs matter without regard to safety.  Racing on streets and highways.  Motorcyclists weaving across lanes without any concern.  People that make nasty green concoctions in blenders.  Or, worse yet, reach into the blenders.  BTW I do not want uncooked oatmeal and spinach blended with milk for breakfast.  Yes, crazies.  And now I have probably offended the Smoothie brigade.

Ok, thanks for reading my mini rant.  On to more pleasant things.  Like Robbie the robot.  This morning they attempted to eat two different throw rugs.  My bad for not moving the rugs.  Once again Robbie had stopped in front of my chair.  They had been cutting donuts in the bedroom, too.  Or maybe crop/carpet circles.  Sis #4 says she is glad I have Robbie to keep me entertained and occupied.  Certainly better than a cat or dog, no clean up.  They actually do the cleanup and I just empty the pan.
Image may contain: 1 person, sleeping, baby, text and closeup

That's about all that is going on here in central Texas.  Our nephew in California was finally allowed to have his bypass surgery.  Guess that is another sign things are 'turning around'.  Oh, yes, do you remember the Oregon wedding/sister time trip from 2018?  That sweet couple just welcomed a new baby girl this week.

A couple of shots of the birds at the feeders this morning.  Photos were taken through screen material so not a crisp as I would prefer.  But to open the screen would cause flight.  I will leave you with these shots and wishes for a pleasant weekend.

Peace,
Janice











8 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    I totally understand your rant, and second it! As for the lifting of restrictions - hmmmm... I have to say that there could indeed be anarchy if they are left in place, yet it is almost certain there will be a spike in infections by dropping them. Sensible continuation of distance, hygiene and so on will need to become the new 'norm' I feel...

    Go Robbie!!! They keep keep your audience entertained too &*> YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Removal of the lockdown will not make many changes for Hubby and I at this point. Biggest change will be maybe surgery, finally.

      Yes, I feel sure Robbie will continue the entertainment. namaste, janice xx

      Delete
  2. If Robbie can make carpet circles, maybe that is how a bigger UFO would make crop circles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very possibly! And with the US air force confirming the siting of an unidentifiable object, maybe that is why Robbie hides at times! Ha.

      Delete
  3. Hi Janice - your little birds are gorgeous, love the way they have no idea (well they might have done if the bird food ran out!) Everyone is entitled to a little rant (your words not mine!) Yay for things beginning to ease. I'm taking the view however we will be careful to be ultra cautious it is our responsibility to protect ourselves... Our parks have opened up today Yay for us in Thailand. Have a happy Sunday
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the bird photo comment. I surely understand the need to return to work. We certainly need to accept the responsibility for our own health. Enjoy your parks and may you take us on another adventure soon! Janice x

      Delete
  4. Oh yes, green concoctioncrazies! They really are a breed apart. They even try to tell you it tastes good! Yeah, only if you add plenty of chocolate and leave out the other stuff!

    Over here we never had a full lock-down, but people are already taking more liberties. On the other hand, some restrictions are slowly lifted are slackened, so it's not all bad. The number have been going down now for a while and it seems to be progressing nicely. Let's hope it continues this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There can never be enough chocolate!

      Our grandsons and son dropped by to show us Oldest Grandson's new (to him) pickup. It is his combination graduation/birthday gift from his parents and his maternal grandparents. Plus he had about 6K that he will contribute. That was the first time we had seen them in almost 2 months. No hugs, just seeing was enough.

      janice xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings