privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

May 26, 2020

Several of the last few mornings since I returned home I have enjoyed the early morning sounds on my patio.  No one can come any where near the limited social distancing requirement.  Many times I see no one other than the occasional dog walker on the sidewalk.

Our little fountain provides a soothing trickle sound.  The coos of the many white winged doves add to the music of nature.  The view to the northeast allows me to see about 10 miles (16 KM).  The view with distant sights brings a feeling of release.  Release from concerns, release from confinement, just a release.  Whether there are storm clouds or bright sunshine the feeling of being with nature is healing.

Yesterday morning Hubby joined me as he has other mornings.  The previous night's storm front had brought temps down from the highs of 97 F (36 C) earlier in the week to 65 F (18 C) yesterday morning.  With the slight breeze snuggling together on our little love seat felt so good.  To have the arm of my best friend across my shoulder and to lean into his massive chest, well that is about as good as it gets.  We sat quietly for several minutes.  Listening to the sounds of the holiday morning. 

Hubby tapped my shoulder and nodded to the patio floor.  There was a squirrel between our feet.  Before I could get my cell camera going the squirrel had moved off the patio.  It scampered across the stones, jumping the path and into a nearby shrub.  I was able to only catch this glimpse of the creature.

We felt so blessed to be in the middle of a retail and business area and still be able to be with nature.  It makes recovering from surgery so much easier.  It makes living in shutdown for Covid easier.  Would I love to feel my son's hug, to go to a grandson's graduation, have sister time?  Sure.  But I think I'll take this and just soak it into my soul.

Last evening Hubby prepared a pork chop for himself for his dinner.  The smell was so tantalizing.   I can only drink so much protein shake and protein waters.  The wonderful broths are great.  But the smell was soooo good.  Hubby then did this.  That is mashed potatoes, mashed green beans and a gravy from the pork chop drippings.  You know he is just the very best man for and to me.  I spent almost an hour eating this amount of food.  I savored every bite. 
Lots of flavor not much chewing!
Yesterday ended with my Facebook post of the percent of additional tests performed in the last 6 days and the percentile of that number that were positive.   There was 21.6% increase in tests.  The percent of positives was 6.1%.  That last number was down .6% with hospitalized being down 2.3%.  Those numbers are surely important to see just how well the reopening of business is going.  I choose to look forward in hope.  With that I say good day and see you tomorrow.


Live long and prosper,
Janice

3 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    You offer 'live long and prosper', I respond 'Peace, and long life'. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I like your's better. namaste, janice xx

      Delete
    2. ...not mine, it's the official Vulcan response... Yxx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings