privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Friday, May 29, 2020

May 29, 2020

Two days ago our little patio had to be cleared of a few things.  Actually management ask all things be removed as there are to be repairs, wall washing and new paint.  Son and # 1 GS (grandson) came to do the lifting.   "Mom, do not even thing about picking up that pot!"  Yes, sir!  So my job was to direct.

Patio umbrella needed just to be removed and carried to Goodwill.  It had broken again and Hubby did not want to mess with repairing yet again.  #1GS smiled broadly and said I can use my truck and take it for you, Grandma!   I grabbed a couple more items and that all went to the pickup, too.

As a fountain in Springfield
As a planter in Springfield
Son was moving small garden statues, boxes of rocks, etc into our apartment as well as gathering pots onto one side of the patio.   # 1 GS was taking the liner out out of the fountain.  One move and the entire pot fell into about 4 or 5 large pieces.  It was slightly at the time it was purchased at a bargain basement price.  I had reinforced the area of the crack initially and re-patched it twice since then.  Often times held together with a sturdy strap.  It was about 20 years old.  #1 GS was horrified when it fell apart.  I told him its history.  Looks you got your money's worth out of it.  Now I am having fun conjuring up a way to use containers I already have to make another fountain.

The other thrilling thing about the pot breaking was #1 GS was excited about loading more stuff in his new truck!  Gotta love youth.  As an aside about this guy, he won the Defensive MVP award last night.  The awards 'banquet' was a Zoom meeting with only the food we had in our houses. 👵 
Son and # 1 GS had the project done in no time.  There are numerous items gracing our living area that originally lived on the patio.  We drag our chair and love seat out each morning to enjoy the early morning sounds.  The birds keep looking for the fountain.  So I am not the only one missing the soothing sound of flowing water.
Hubby and I decided to rethink the patio arrangement.  The objective is to gain a bit more room to move around.  We decided on a rectangular shaped umbrella.  The new umbrella will allow the bistro table to set closer to the patio fence.    Eventually we may eliminate the round soft side planter.  It was purchased when the area outside our patio was bare soil.  We used it for vegetable gardening attempts.  We learned several things that did not work.  The petunias seem to like the area!

I'll finish this post on a totally different subject, my recovery from Nissen Fundoplication surgery.  My voice continues to remain strong.  I have not used any asthma inhalers in a week.  Minimal nasal spray use and no issue with post nasal drip.  The primary symptoms that caused the health journey over the last year appear to be almost completely resolved.  Friends and family have noticed the significant change in my voice.  The purpose of the surgery appears to be a true success story.

The only things left as I see it are these two.  The physical recovery from all the messing around in my abdomen with the instruments.  The second is the stomach adjusting to the re-enforced junction to the esophagus.  The new junction and size of stomach challenge me to be very aware of the size of bites, the frequency of bites and most certainly the moisture content of foods.  I have been successful some days and not so successful other days.  All is going well above expectations!!!!!

That's the news from Round Rock, TX, at this one particular address.  One late addition, Hubby has a torn rotator cuff.  I am beginning to think old age might have a few challenges!

Take care, 
Janice





4 comments:

  1. Let me tell you, old age does have a few challenges - maybe a lot of challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Oh yeah, but we also have the experience to tackle them! It is so good read the relief in your words that this procedure is proving worth its wait and undergoing. Joy! A change is as good as a rest, it is said, the renewed pation will add to the uplift for you. Maybe 2020 is salvagable!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby and I enjoyed the little patio twice today. Nice breeze and mid 80's temperature was pleasant because of low humidity!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings