privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Sunday, May 3, 2020

May 3, 2020


Four Generations of Adcock Men
Oldest Grandson received his graduation/19th birthday gift on Friday.  It was a total surprise for him.  The Ford Raptor totally tricked out 4 wheel drive off road pickup complete with a remote control wench.  Several in the family combined resources along with what Oldest had saved to purchase the 2010 (yes, 10 years old) truck for him.  We received a video of the surprise for him.  I would show that except it turns sideways and back a couple of times.  Do not want anyone getting seasick reading the blog.

9 month old bath time
On Saturday morning I sent him a congratulations text about the new truck.  Ask that he drive by and honk the next time he was out in our area.  Mid afternoon he along with his two younger brothers and Son showed up outside our apartment.  Oldest gave me the full tour of his newest pride and joy.  Being so excited to see them drive up I failed to take my phone to get a photo of the event.  For a reference we had not been in the presence of our grandsons since a lacrosse game on March 6th.  It looked as if they had grown a couple of inches since the last we saw them. 

First birthday and pat a cake!
October, 2005
Oldest Grandson like so many high school graduates had their senior year cut short.  He was being scouted by a few colleges to play lacrosse for them.  One small college had already given an offer.  The season was cut short and many colleges have lost so much revenue they are cutting the less popular sports.  Everything has been left in limbo for now. 


April, 2007 in Grandpa's Jeep
March, 2013
Track meet, 2015
August, 2017, 50th anniversary party for us with Bonus Granddaughter



#15 standing tall, playing the game he loves
I must say this part of life seems to have passed more quickly that even watching our Son become a young man.  Son's theory is time just relative.  When one is 45 the 18 years of raising a child is 40% of one's life.  The 18 years of a grandchild's growing up years is relative to the grandparent's life span at that time.  For me that means 18 years of 73 years, 24.6%.  The theory makes complete sense in that perspective.  Within my life time the 55 years since I graduated from high school at times feels as if it was just a few years ago.  In fact 75% of my life has been lived since then.  Oldest Grandson's growing up has passed in what seems like a blink of an eye.

May, 2020
This afternoon a text came that Son and DIL were coming to Lowe's near our place.  They were bringing DJ for a visit while they shopped.  Hubby jumped up and moved faster than the time he was standing on a pile of brush and lit a match.  To say DJ's visit had excited him was an understatement.  He had water and treats with him on the patio long before she arrived.  When DJ and DIL exited the auto DJ fairly dragged her up to our patio. 

DJ snuggled with Grandpa and Grandma (me).  She loves to sit on my foot while I pet her.  She will put her front legs around our necks.  Today I noticed her  muzzle beginning to grey.   Time flies.


May, 2015 before he completely fell in love with her.

4 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    My grandmother always told me to grab hold of time as it got slippier and slippier... now I'm the one saying it!!! Great family shots. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am for certain! namaste, janice xx

      Delete
  2. Time does fly by in retrospect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings