privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Friday, January 21, 2022

Horses Running Wild

Standing on the top of the rise in the prairie she saw the horses running wild.  The gallops were smooth.  Puffs of dust with each hoof fall.  Tails flowing in the breeze like waves on the ocean.  Wishing she had the freedom to run like those mustangs.  The sweet, fresh air was rushing across the muscles of their bodies.  No one is demanding them to take a saddle on their backs.  No plows or buggies to pull.  Only the freedom to run.

As she watched the horses dip behind the next rise her mom called to her.  Time to come set the table for supper.  There were always tasks.  Tables to be set, washing to be scrubbed, windows to be washed.  Never was any task done correctly or fast enough.  If only once Mom would say thanks.  If only once Mom would say, 'good job'.  Only once.

Wild Horses Running Together is a photograph by Natural Selection Craig Tuttle
which was uploaded on May 22nd, 2012.

Friday Fiction Free write.

Janice

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the visit Janice, and such a great header photo you have! Nice story too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The header is my sisters and I at our Christmas gathering. We are spread out over 18 years from oldest to youngest. Too far apart to dress alike as kids so we have fun with it now! Thanks for dropping by and commenting.

      Delete
  2. Hari Om
    What an evocative image - beautifully matched with your words! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those words just fell into my head then I looked for a photo to match! namaste, janice xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings