privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Thursday, January 20, 2022

More to Goodwill

We are slowly but surely getting a few things back in order.  After the last several months of being out of kilter with illnesses and travels it feels good to be able to get stuff back in place.  And it just makes sense to take it a bit slower as tasks are done.  Certainly slower than I would have let us say 10 years ago. 

A new scarf from Guatemala was a gift from Son's FIL this Christmas.  It is a part of the stuff needing to find a place to enjoy for a while.  It is handwoven and silky soft.  Isabelle suggested using the scarf as a wall hanging. I have chosen to use it on my dining table as a runner.  What do you think?   The wooden candle holder was a gift in 2019 from Son's FIL.  Perfect match to the scarf.  And the scarf may find itself around my neck someday.



Lessons learned about one new item in one item out is still in practice.  I keep plastic bags in my clothes closet to fill with the 'out' things.  It makes it that much easier to do the sorting and eliminating.  Surely makes it easier the older I live to be.  So far I have collected four bags to drop off my next trip out.  There are a couple of large items in the storage room that will join the bags. 

For the time being, I have given up on the hide-a-bed.  I purchased a folding twin frame.  That should provide a place for Cousin to sleep over the next few visits.  I found the twin-size hide-a-bed.  It was a 3 to 4 month wait period.  Figured the $80 item that would be here by the 21st was a lot better deal than the $1600 due in the summer.  If lucky.  

The replacement sofa bed was being shipped from overseas.  The last item I ordered from overseas was 6 weeks late.  The item arrived in a damaged box and the item looked like this. 
 


In addition to the issue of damage, the second item looked only similar to the photo.  And there is one other thing.  I may have mentioned this before.  Sis #4 special ordered a sofa for her TV room.  It was shopped from China.  Sis #4 called to see why the sofa was not ready to be delivered.  Why?  Seems it was at the bottom of the ocean.  Several of the containers shifted during shipment.  Well, they fell off the vessel and sank.  

When I contacted customer service about my little broken house problem, I received a reply in less than a day.  Yes-sir-re-bob.  That was more goodwill in our world than many of us think.  

Y'all take care,

Janice


2 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    There is an awful lot gets lost at sea, I fear... shipping (the real, on-the-sea kind) is one of the worst forms of transportation really - but the most cost effective and also the least visible to the consumer. I trust the insurance of the supplier covers them and they send another sofa... glad you got decent service at least. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Sis #4 finally received her sofa about 10 months after the initial delivery date. I really cannot complain. I would look worse than that if I had to rice in a container across the ocean. No telling what I'd have broken. namaste, janice xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings