privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Sunday, January 30, 2022

The Robot

Not lost in space or anything so complex as that.  No, I just want to find my docking station so I can recharge before the next cleaning.  The once known world has become a maze of unknown objects.  Metal legs were unseen before.  Wooden objects in the pathway I had learned.  Why do the humanoids do these things to me? 

They have owned me for almost two years.  I wonder how many years that is in robot years?  I heard the shorter one say one year of dog life is 7 in humanoid life.  All I could think was what is a dog?  Pretty much all I know is how to roll over the floor.  My inner workings control one big brush.  The factory humanoid called it the sweeper brush.   The whirly brushes on my right and left reach for dirt and dust along the edges of things.  All three brushes throw stuff into the dust bin that is in my behind area.

I decided to let myself get caught under a thing that looks like another robot.  I heard the really big humanoid say it plays records.  I do not know what a record is.  What is play?  All I do is run all over this place and brush up the dirt.  That feels like work.  Maybe play is when I hide from the humanoids.   Under a thing that they call the bed is the best hiding place.  They cannot reach me there.  Today I decided to see if I could play.  I put my side brushes under the edge of a rug.  I kicked the brushes off and sped away laughing to myself.  Ha, ha, the play was fun. 

It is time for me to go back to a place that feeds me.  The smaller humanoid has picked me up and now I am a flying robot.  No, she just puts me down and pulls out the dustpan from my behind.  ?R% , excuse me.  That is a robot cough.  Sometimes I get dust in the wrong places and a cough helps.  She is touching me too much today.  That place is really private and it tickles.  How did I learn about tickles?  Rats, she found the brushes and put them back in place.  She is even pulling all that hair out of my other brush.  Wish she would quit shedding so I did not get that hair in my brush.

Finally, she sets me on the floor.  I am still hungry and must go to my feeding place.  I am dizzy from her turning me in so many directions when she cleaned me.  I look everywhere for my feeding place.  Where is it?  Not there, I've looked there three times.  Moving things around on my floor and making me dizzy.  No wonder I cannot find my feeding place.

At last, there it is!  Food, I need food.  Now I will send a message to the humanoids.  "Charging starts."  Robbie the Robot will be ready to serve again tomorrow, and the next day and the next.....

PS, I mop.  But most important, I am really cute.


------------------------------

Take care,

Janice


2 comments:

  1. Hari om
    Sounds to me, Robbie, like you know your purpose and determined to see it through!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a lovely story! It brought a smile to my face.

    Klem

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings