privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Time to Put Away

After a call from KC Cousin, I realized I needed to get the "winter" decorations put away and bring out some Valentine sparkle.  I continue to reduce the number of boxes used each year for the Christmas holiday season.  The weight of each box is important as aging neither makes one stronger nor more agile.  For example Hubby was doing the yearly doctor visit just last week.  Putting one foot directly in front of the other did not make even one step before Dr. D. said, "Stop, you already failed".  Even with stretch lab.

Kids have snow scene houses

Kids have tree, I have penguins
Just not the best idea to be crawling around on step ladders while balancing heavy boxes overhead. About three years ago I culled many of the less precious items from the 50+ years of collecting.  The next reduction will be more difficult for certain.  As there is no plan to move, why cull more items?  I would like to get down to one storage closet instead of the two we currently rent.  With everything from foodstuff to insurance increasing in price, trimming where possible is just smart business.  But the sack of pine cones we picked up on our trip through the western US in 1971?  Do I really have to eliminate them?

Lighted canvass scene I 
repaired this year for the kids.
This is one of DIL's favs
they picked from my stuff.

DIL and Son have the Joy, I have Peace. 
They have the big Holy Couple
I have the picture and the hanging items
When we visit our Son's home during the holidays I see many of my cherished Christmas decorations.  Their first year in their home they were looking for decorations.  DIL's first spouse did not allow her to have any of her Christmas decorations her mom had given her.  That was a double blow as DIL's mom had passed in the late 1990's.  I rejoiced to be able to take tubs of decorations to them.  They selected what they wanted.  I kept a few of the leftovers, the remainder was donated. 


Even with all the decorations, I still get all up into the season.  This year I found the premade ornaments in the photo below.  All I had to do was select the photos, print, cut and insert.  These were tags on their gifts.  Yes, DJ at the top and Lila Kitty at the bottom were included.

By tomorrow evening all the Christmas deco will be at home in the storage closet across the hall.  There will be two times up the ladder.  I'll be pooped by the evening.  We will eat frozen dinners unless Hubby wants to cook.  And another Christmas will be in the photo book.  All put away for another 10 months.

Y'all stay safe and be of good cheer,

Janice 













 


1 comment:

  1. Hari OM
    When the decs come down and are repacked, that is when one feels the new year is properly starting, I find. I hear you about the top shelf and ladders in cupboards... my camp stove and bits from last summer's one trip away is still sitting under the hall desk awaiting the lift up... might have to wait for Mac1's next visit! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings