privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Thursday, January 13, 2022

Oh, The Plans We Make

Today was the day to get the kitchen sink cabinet put back together.  Last week Hubby noticed a puddle of water beneath the kitchen sink.  As we live in an apartment complex he decided he did not want to mess with the repair.  Usually, his old repairman genes kick in and he must have the problem figured out before turning in a repair request.  After having Covid following a trip, add in 3 of 4 more trips, and several holiday celebrations he just did not want to fool with it.  A request for service was turned in last Saturday.  

In preparation for a repairperson, I emptied all the contents beneath the sink.  How that many things can be underneath surprised me.  The biggest surprise was the lid coming off a bottle of dish detergent.  What a mess.  Once that was cleaned up, I returned to the plan of removing the stuff.  All the stuff was stuffed into a favorite camping tote and placed on the dryer.  The plastic liner was removed, cleaned, sanitized, and hung to dry above the washing machine.  That filled up the small laundry room.  All that was left was to wait for the repairman.

Before Christmas, I had queried Grandson #5 what he would like from Hubby and I.  He answered, "a Snorlax, it's a Pokemon thing."   A What?  Yes, that was my reaction, too.  Google is this Grandma's best friend.  That photo to the right shows this huge bean bag that is Snorlax.  Confirmation with G#5 this was the item.   As it is huge, parents were consulted.  They ask G#5 if the girl was included, he said it would be okay with him.  (Growing up too quickly.) To purchase prefilled,  Snorlax would cost over $550 US.  Nope.  Shopping around I found I could get the cover and buy the needed beans for around 1/4 of that number.

Beans for bean bags are not cheap.  Initially, the Snorlax beanbag cover was purchased.  Two 100 L containers of beans were purchased.  Those turned out to be less than half of the volume needed.  There was no way to get the two additional sacks of beans before Christmas.  Order placed and the total was within the $125 range for the whole kit and kaboodle.  Happy Grandma, happy Grandson #5.  The beans (also, noted as frijoles, lol) came around the same day I came down with the latest bug.  Grandson #5 was growing anxious to enjoy his Snorlax.  

Tuesday I had finally recovered enough from whatever glurge-a-ma-call-it bug I had to complete Grandson #5's Christmas gift.  With Hubby in tow, we headed to Son's place to fill Snorlax with frijoles, styrofoam not refried.  First, a cotton sheet was placed on the floor.  Snorlax was opened and the temporary stuffings were all removed.  One bag of beans was already inside in a self-contained breathable bag.  The second bag of styrofoam beans was nowhere to be found.  Oh, well we would leave the one bag inside.  Now to get 200 L additional beans into the bag without 100 L being all over the floor and us.  Static electricity makes this a challenge.  

Within an hour the clingy little beads were inside Snorlax.  My pants were covered up to the knees as were Hubby's pants.  DJ, who must always help Grandpa and I, had a fair share of beans on her as well.  We brushed as much off as possible onto the cotton cloth.  Cloth folded from the corners and removed to the car along with the pillow stuffing to fill till the beans came.  The few stray beans were sucked into a handheld vac.  Static cling made it a challenge just to clean the vac, too.  How full was Snorlax?  Still needs the missing 100 L as the head is totally empty.  One more day to really complete that project.

After a visit with our sweet Granddaughter, taking DJ for a brief squirrel hunt, we left for home.  Upon opening the door we saw the repairman was working on the leak project.  He determined the entire faucet system needed replacing.  Once he completed the installation he bid us a good evening.  I was too spent to cook chili or put all the stuff back under the sink.  Hubby put a frozen pizza in the oven.  He did add some cheeses and other goodies to have a bit more volume.  It was a very satisfying meal.  And quick cleanup.  

Wednesday instead of putting the stuff back under the sink was a day of cooking as I noted yesterday.  Thursday would be great for putting the under sink stuff back in place.  Afterward, the laundry would be tackled.  Grabbing the disinfecting cloths I began working to clean the walls, doors, and bottom of the sink area.  Doors, walls, and horror!  Water on the bottom of the cabinet.  Not a lot but water.  Wipe it up and frown.  Fine.  Just fine.  One more plan down the tubes.  Ugh.  Okay, I am on the floor so I'll make the best of it and clean all the fronts and backs of the lower cabinet doors.  

Everything I could reach while on the floor was cleaned.  Reached under the fridge as far as possible as well as the stove.  Into the corners cleaning all the crumbs Robbie the Robovac does not reach.  Once this was complete, I began working on other areas on the cabinet tops.  Brewed a fresh pot of coffee.  Scrubbed the bag of potatoes in a sink of water.  Started food for a brunch for us.  Hubby was at his 6-months checkup which had required fasting.  I checked under the sink once more.  

Wet, again.  Ugh.  I wiped up the water and felt around on the input pipes and handles.  I could not detect any dampness.  I grabbed a towel, folded it to double thickness, and placed it in the area where I had found the water.  The water was clean, so that already eliminated any of the exit pipes.  I went about finishing the few chores around the sink area.  Hubby arrived home and I gave him the bad news.  Checking under the sink there was a single round, wet spot on the paper towel, 1.5", 3.8 cm.  Hubby had the need to further check the problem.  It was the cold water input at the valve handle.  Another request was submitted.

The under sink stuff is still blocking the washer and dryer.  I do not really want to have to move all that stuff onto the floor.  We do not need more stuff in our way when walking.  We both have enough clean clothing so we wait another day.  Oh, indeed, the plans we make.

There is that same old moon looking down on all of us.  Friends, relatives, co-workers.  Y'all all take care!





2 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    Crikey - life has a way of keeping us busy, right?! Having once wrestled with refilling a bean bag (half the size of that Snorlax), I can vouch for how hungry they are for those frijoles!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are hungry dudes! namaste, janice xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings