privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Thursday, January 20, 2022

Well, Fudge

Speaking of fudge, the pantry has all the makings for fudge.  That sounds really good.  I bet Cousin would enjoy some of that.  Also, have the makings for fruitcake cookies.  Now that the holiday decorations are cleared from the apartment, making goodies for her visit might be a good activity after I get a few winks of sleep.

As you can tell from the date, I failed to write on the 19th.  I even thought about the subject.  Of course, the thought left my mind as soon as it came to me.  The Dirty Rain happened again.  What a mess.  Hubby called the office which we seldom do unless a desperate emergency like a clogged stool.  But this dirty water is actually making quite the mess.  The office noted nothing could be done as the water is a result of searching for and repairing a leak.  My inner devil came out and I climbed the three flights of stairs too quickly.  I was winded.

Not even knocking I entered the apartment where the work was being done.  There was the repairman and an apartment custodian.  I told them they were making a mess on my patio furniture.  Well, don't worry, they indicated, that was the last 5 gallons of water we will be pouring out.  The patio door to the fourth-floor apartment was leaking causing damage.  Okay, that does not change the fact that my patio furniture is covered in all the stuff that washed off the front of the building.  Sorry.

While I did not get the last cartload of decorations placed on the shelves, I did get the patio furniture scrubbed.  The patio door glass received a good Windex cleaning as well as the glass tabletop.  The tabletop and the chairs had a gummy residue that took more scrubbing than just water residue. I suspect there were chemicals and sealants washed down from the repair work.  I may need to use a blade to remove the last of the residue.  

Regardless, the patio received a sweeping, leaves removed from around pots, etc, and it is done.  One more thing checked off the list of to-dos.    No matter, I still skipped a day of writing.  Well, fudge.

Take care,

Janice

PS, we did eat the frozen dinners as planned.  They took 8 minutes and were very tasty!

2 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Well fudge indeed... I'd have expected at the very least one of the lads might offer to do the clean up of your patio. Tsk..... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I thought the office should call and apologize. On the other side, I felt good enough to do the work and awoke today ready for some sewing. But then I realized there were a couple of kitchen things I need to get done. namaste, janice xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings