privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Muddle Mess

There are times I find myself being in a muddled mess.  Today is one of those.  Apparently, an app I used to pay a bill recognized the payment without notifying me by email.  So being the efficient person to make certain all bills are paid I went to the online account and checked for a payment notification.  None present.  Ok, I pay the bill and immediately receive confirmation.  I check my bank this morning, as is my habit.  Two payments have been taken.  This payment covered a considerable amount of Christmas gifting purchases!  Calls to the merchant, call to my bank and I might see the funds returned by tomorrow.  Ugh.

In an effort to work through the domino effect of the double withdrawal I pick up the phone to call our financial advisor.   The phone is not working as the automatic payment did not go through.  What?  I was sure I had changed the number when the new card arrived.  Apparently, I either missed a button or the system failed to record the change.  The correct number was on file when I did go in to pay the bill.  But a late fee has been charged.  Double Uhg.

While checking the bank info I note our apartment automatic payment has not been processed.   I check the online account and sure enough, the automatic payment failed to process.  Now I have a very sizable late fee to pay.  What a muddled mess.  I am not certain if this muddle is just my brain still being a bit foggy at times following Covid in October.  That is a possibility.  Or maybe I have become an old fuddy dutty that cannot deal with computer systems.  Or, just maybe, systems do not always work as predicted.  Regardless, looks like I shall spend a good bit of time on phones and online getting the muddled mess sorted.

But to end on a more pleasant note here are a couple of photos from my phone.  One is a sunset on January 2, 2022, near a home with an awesome light display.  The second is sunrise this morning from my patio.


This home had music that was coordinated to the light show.  


reflection on a nearby office building



Y'all all stay safe.
Peace,
Janice



2 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    Pretty shots... less pretty situations! I am one who is pretty hot on these things too and it is all well and good when working. Then comes those times when the workings get...muddle-messed!!! Deep breaths... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately, each situation was resolved. Hubby and I took different parts of the problems. By end of day money was returned, rent was paid sans penalty, and the system that failed to pay the rent is being investigated. Deep breath always helps. namaste, janice xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings