privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Did I Write?

Nope, I missed writing on February 14.  I did post a Blue Monday Too photo.  That is not a writing post as one sentence saying where the photo was taken is insufficient.  My time was spent visiting my new friend, Erica.  We do not talk much as Erica has great difficulty saying/remembering the words.  Erica selected a random show to watch.  It may have just been a matter of pushing some buttons.  We spent the next two and a half hours watching Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath.  

When the tv streaming system asked if we wanted to continue watching, Erica shook her head no.  At this point, I asked if she liked the Olympics.  Yes was her answer.  A bit of searching found the replays of the figure skating competitions.  When asked which of the competitions were her favorites.  By now the skaters were showing on tv.  Erica struggled to say the words 'ice skaters'.  Giving up, she pointed at the tv and shook her head yes.  I said skaters, agreement confirmed by a head shake.

As I become more involved with Erica I find myself having difficulty.  Emotionally draining.  I cannot even imagine how the family members deal with it.  Having a sister so courageously battling cancer tugs at me constantly.  Add to this spending anywhere from 1 to 7 hours with Erica 4 days a week is hard.  I am ashamed to admit this.  

A cousin is caring for her mother.  The mother lives a few hours from Cousin's home.  That leaves Cousin alone, hours from the support of her husband.  Cierra, a 33-year-old, has basically put her life goals on the back burner to care for Erica.  My niece has chosen to not return to work to care for my sister.  In Cierra's words today, "I want to do it for her while I can".  Sacrifice for others, for mothers that gave them life.  

Given their example, I will push through.  Continue to give what time I can.  To give support . . and prayers to the caregivers as well as those affected.

photo credit:  American Senior Communities

May you each stay well and at peace,
Janice

3 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    The rewards are there - not always visible, but present nonetheless. Be not ashamed of the drain this effects upon you; acknowledging as you do takes the sting away and tells it as it is. Tough. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may drop in and check today. I did not yesterday as we had a full day here at home. You shared openly about how are or your dad was what you wanted to do. I felt the same as I did what I could with my parents and in laws. The blog at least helps put in the ether how life is for caregivers. namaste, janice xx

      Delete
    2. Hari om
      To right - this is a safety valve in the immediacy... and a record for legacy. Yxx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings