privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Granny Chandler and The Space Age

What would Granny think about a robot sweeper?  Today is my Granny Chandler's birthday.  In this photo, she is the same age as I am now.  Born in 1883 in the hills of Tennessee.  Helped make a living for her siblings after the death of her father.  The Tom Mantooth family eventually all migrated to Texas and Oklahoma.  That's where she met Marvin Chandler and the family tree took root.



Granny was really good at accepting change and improvements.   She willing went from kerosene to an electric stove.  While Granddaddy kept the buggy, Granny was always up for a car ride.  Indoor plumbing and automatic washers were fine by her.  So I am pretty sure she would have been fine with a machine sweeping the floor.

Robbie the Robot has been leaving some interesting patterns of late.  Today looked as if he may have not been inspired.  It appears he had a bit of trouble finding an exit from under the sofa.  Some days he has no problem, others he seems to just go in circles.


As I looked at Robbie's 'drawing' today I thought of how it sort of represents my 2021.  Some days and weeks there would be a straight line of routine.  Other times I seemed to go in circles.  Other times I lost my sense of direction completely.  There are actually times in my mind that 2021 never even happened.  

As I sit in my comfortable home in my comfortable chair a special report has just come on the air.  Russia has begun bombing two cities in Ukraine.  Why must Putin want to constantly stir the pot?  Not just Putin but does anyone need to be aggressive?  It is as if some people just need some sort of drama all the time.  As my dear friend, Donna, once observed, "Not everything has to be a drama."   Putin is way out of line, again.

Well, this post took a direction I did not expect.  Granny watched her two sons go off to war against another bully over 80 years ago.  Here are communications from those uncles.




 

Be safe,

Janice

2 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Hey, how did this post get by me - sometimes this happens with Blogger and it is annoying. Belated birthday memory greetings from me to granny Chandler. Let us pray this thing in the east proves to be a teacup storm; nasty if you are in the cup, but contained nonetheless. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings