privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Saturday, February 5, 2022

Saturday Surfside

What a change from Thursday's icy snowflurries to this view on Saturday morning.  While the sun did come out as the clouds receded into the Gulf skies, it was still chilly.  Like 36 F or 2 C.  With a 15 mph wind.  Too chilly for me to play in the surf. 

Hubby and Cousin each ventured out but I wasn't interested in getting chilled.  Cousin is very conscious of her health.  She is a health professional and has been for 43 years.  She walked the beach for her morning exercises.  She commented that she should have walked into the wind first as the last proved taxing.

Hubby did some walking.  He found a man working in a sandcastle.  The man is Andy Hancock.  He has a business on the beach teaching how to build sand castles.  Hubby did not bother Me. Hancock.  

Hubby was curious about high tide.  At 6:15 PM Hubby went back down to the  waters edge to see how the high tide looked.   He said he saw little difference.  Nothing like the 4 to 5 foot rise we saw in South Carolina.  I have searched for some answers for him.

As long as Hubby was on the shore, he snapped a photo of Mr. Hancock's creation today.  Facebook was full of folks building snow figures.  Here's what was built on the beach.

H


I did finally get out but not on the shore.  I picked up a call in order of pizza, antipasto board, and margaritas.  With good food, the new Reacher series on Prime, it was a good end to a Surfside day.

Peace,
Janice

2 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Despite the climate, I'd say you are having a dandy time! Having seen sand sculptures in OZ, I am in awe of the artistry... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are enjoying the time on the shore with our cousin. Namaste, Janice, x

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings