privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Robbie's on a Roll

Yesterday Robbie pulled one of his old tricks.  And it was a level two trick.  The hutch is next to Robbie's charging station. The opening under the hutch is high enough for Robbie to fit in for 90% of the opening.  The 5% on each side is about 3/8 inch too low for Robbie to exit.   Like anything, Robbie always tried to exit in the 5% areas.  He would get caught as you can see here.  Eventually, we developed a cover that fit across the entire front of the opening.  The solution has worked for almost two years.

After manually starting the cleaning cycle, DJ and I left to take Erica to her sister's for the day.  Upon returning home I saw no sign of Robbie or the charging station.  That is when I noticed Robbie had somehow pulled the cover away from the hutch. . . and was stuck trying to get out in the 5% area.  I began pulling him out and realized he had entangled the power cord of the charger in the middle roller.  Talk about biting the hand that feeds you!  

After disentangling the cord I made sure to capture Robbie's drawing up to the point of getting stuck. Note that the top of the photo has a failure notice.  That was a result of the entangled power cord.  

What do you see as you look at the drawing?  Me, it brought to mind a soldier kneeling with a rifle laying nearby.  A bit too relevant with all the military actions in Ukraine.  Does Robbie listen to the news, too?  He is connected to our Google Home network.  

It was obvious that Robbie had not completed his cleaning task, so he was restarted.  He functioned for a shorter length of time.  Here is the drawing for that portion of the cleaning.






I see Kokopelli, the fertility diety.  I guess Robbie is taking advantage of the Google Home connection.  Gathering ideas for the drawings?  Anything is possible in these digital days.

Today Robbie's drawing is almost two in one in my mind.  The upper part reminds me of a cityscape with a few tall buildings.  The bottom when turned 90° to the right gives the effect of a person leaning against their hand.  What do you think?

Robbie is having some fun.  Or maybe it is just me and my imagination.  Maybe that is what being closed in for over two years has done to my mind.  I am good with it.  After all it is the small things that make life good and worth living.

One last photo of our sweet weekend visitor, DJ.  She likes to stay close to us at all times.  Here she is waiting for her favorite human, Grandpa, to finish his shower.  Looks like she may take a nap as Grandpa moves a bit slowly.  


You folks take care wherever you are.

Janice

2 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    OH Robbie, Robbie... Before I got to your later paragraph I was saying out loud (because the walls listen) that I saw a cityscape as if from the air for that first image... and then a kid sitting on the wall with his/her head in their hands for the second one.

    It's fascinating, because one might be inclined to think that once programmed, the route would be the same every time. I love that Robbie goes rogue! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite fun. When I showed the screen shots to Son, he said I should write about it. Already doing it was my reply! namaste, janice xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings